The care and protection of children, young people and adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of the Church
St Milburga’s Church has adopted as their safeguarding policy the Diocese of Coventry Safeguarding Policy, “Promoting a Safer Church”
We are committed to
· Promoting a safer environment and culture;
· Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the Church;
· Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation;
· Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons;
· Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
· Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
If you have any concern that someone you know is at risk of, or is being abused, or presents a risk to others, please seek advice from a Safeguarding Adviser or if necessary report the matter to the Local Authority Social Care Services or the Police without delay.
Local contacts available if you have any concerns
S.Fryer Parish Safeguarding Officer email@example.com
Rev P. Walker Rector firstname.lastname@example.org
Sarah Price Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser 02476 521345
Diocesan 24 hour cover: email@example.com 02476 521345
Warwickshire Social Services 01926 414144
If there is immediate risk or danger please contact the Police on 999